Saturday, March 22, 2008

Hello Everybody!

Well, it's my first post. I didn't know what to write until my uber hip husband informed me that the first post is supposed to include information on me and the topics I'll be covering in this blog. The only problem is, I'm not sure what topics I'll be covering.

Obviously I'll be talking about HR, I know that I'll include funny stories from my adventures in HR, maybe one day somebody looking for advice will even e-mail me and I'll answer their questions.

I am an HR Generalist which means that I am a jack of all trades and a master of none. I work for a smallish company (more than 50, less than 100) in CA and do a little of everything... benefits administration, compensation, performance management, workers' compensation, training and employee development, recruiting (God help me), policy development, etc. I am a one woman department (but I'm hoping to get help soon!)

In HR, you have all the best stories in the world and no one to share them with. This blog will be an outlet to share some of my funnier stories. It will also serve as an opportunity to fulfill my life long dream of becoming the next Dear Abby

No comments: